Heavy Duty Cabinets
The Heavy Duty enclosure is made to take on all challenges and can be modified to meet even the most severe applications.
The Heavy Duty Product Line is available in both vertical rack and sloped front console (15 & 30 degree) configurations. It is designed with double-ledge, double-plane corner construction making it the strongest cabinet in the industry, capable of carrying 3000 pounds of equipment. Because of this special construction, these racks also offer natural, non-gasketed RFI/EMI shielding characteristics.
Special features of this line include side panels that can be removed with a simple one finger latch. Each door can be removed just as easily, by opening and lifting it off it’s hinges. Panel-mounting angles use 3/16″ steel, 50% thicker than the average used in the industry. Because of the extreme strength of the frame even the horizontal support channels are removable. Two grounding studs are available at convenient locations. Positive door latching hardware, not magnetic or Velcro stripping, is standard. Additionally, this cabinet lends itself to vinyl gasketing which when applied protects against dust and moisture penetration.
Because EEC Heavy Duty racks are designed to be modular and flexible, they are compatible with a wide variety of accessories. Here is a small sample:
- Wide variety of panels and doors
- Fixed, Sliding and Modem Shelves
- Storage and Equipment Drawers
- Console and Work Writing Shelves
- Caster Bases, Caster Dollies and Trucks
- Fans and Blowers for cooling
- Chassis Guides and Supports
- Copper Bus Bars
- Power Strips
Panel Heights: 21″ to 84″, in any 1 3/4″ increment
Frame Depths: 17″, 24″, 29″, 36″ and 40″
Panel Widths: 19″, 24″, 30″, adapters are available for mounting 23″ equipment
Available options ensure the flexibility to specify one enclosure for many environments, including:
- Shock and Vibration: The Heavy Duty Cabinet has been tested to MIL-STD-810, section 514.3-7,8 and 9, which simulates 20 years of rough service in a mobile application. This cabinet was also tested to MIL-STD 901 for shipboard applications. These tests were successfully passed by the Heavy Duty, RFI/EMI, and FCC product lines. This option is available by adding a simple hardware kit.
- Seismic: The Heavy Duty cabinet can protect your equipment against earthquake damage with the addition of our Seismic Hardening Kit. The Heavy Duty frame with Seismic Kit has qualified under the Belcore specification for seismic activity. This test simulates earth quakes through Zone 4, the most severe seismic activity. The Belcore test results are available as Belcore document TR-EOP-000063 NEBS. This document is available from our Engineering Department.
- FCC and EMI Shielding: The Heavy Duty Cabinet may be shielded to meet FCC through Tempest requirements. FCC requirements may be met with low cost metalizing and silver braid gasketing. The most demanding military Tempest requirements are met with stainless steel frames and double gasketing. Please contact one of our EMI experts (1-800-204-RACK) to help you design to your needs.